Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Some St. Patty's crafting fun!!

We are busy, busy, busy around here crafting away for St. Patty's day.  There may be only 3 more days until St. Patrick's Day, but that is PLENTY of time to whip up some fun crafts!  We don't start our crafting too far before the holiday or my little one will ask every day if the holiday in question is here yet.  I can only handle that question for a few days, so we start right before the holiday!

We hadn't really done too much crafting lately so we are all very excited to be busy again.  We are sprucing up our leprechaun trap and you can see some great ideas HERE from yesterday's post if you are interested in making your own.

Our trap will be set on Thursday night in case the leprechauns come early this year ;)    In the meantime, I found some really cute ideas for shamrock, rainbow and leprechaun crafts that I wanted to share!

Shamrock...not to be mistaken for the 4-leaf clover (as my friend reminded me) is the official symbol of Ireland.  It is said to be used by St. Patrick to illustrate the Trinity in Christian doctrine while the 4-leaf clover is thought to be a symbol of good luck because they are so rare.  According to legend, each leaf represents something: the 1st for faith, the 2nd for hope, the 3rd for love and the 4th is for luck.   Speaking of 4-leaf clovers, my daughter found this today in our backyard...hope it brings us some luck!


Here are a few fun shamrock crafts...

Shamrock Jewelry

Shamrock Hat

Tissue Paper Shamrock

Tissue Paper Shamrock with a Rainbow

Tissue Paper Mosaic Shamrock

My son made one just like this last year an I LOVE it.  It's hanging again for this year.  Here it is...

And I loved this idea.  A similar take on the "thankful tree" I showed you HERE for Thanksgiving.  This instead is "I am lucky because"....love it!

Rainbows - It is said that if you follow a rainbow until its end, you'll find where the leprechauns have left their treasures.  ;)   So...nothing says leprechaun more than a fun rainbow craft.

Here are a few of my favorite rainbow crafts...

Cereal Rainbows

Cereal Rainbow with the Pot of Gold

A Yarn Rainbow

And some tissue paper rainbows...

And my most favorite of all...

Leprechauns-  is a type of fairy in Irish folklore, usually taking the form of an old man, clad in a red or green coat, who enjoys partaking in mischief.   We love the leprechaun mischief that can happen around here when those pesky leprechauns visit!

Here are a few cute leprechaun crafts....

Leprechaun Hats from Tupperware containers..for the leprechauns to fill with gold.

Hand Print Leprechauns

And a great paper plate leprechaun...

That rounds out my favorites for St. Patrick's Day crafts.   I have some fun snack ideas and treats to share tomorrow!

And I leave you with some Irish words of wisdom...

"May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go."

Poshed Up









No comments:

Post a Comment