Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh how I LOVE Halloween!

It's coming...it's coming....one of my very favorite holidays.  HaLlOwEeN!!!!      I don't even dress up myself, but I adore everything about this holiday.  Crisp air, a night out with the family, parades, kids in costumes, pumpkins....and CANDY!

Ok....I know the candy is supposed to be for the kids, but.....since my son has a milk allergy, I cannot let the chocolate go to waste!  LOL  I'm not sure how I feel about this every time I go to the grocery store though???  Don't they know that I'm not great about temptation....




Anyway....I digress as always :)   One of my FAVORITE things is helping my children pick out their costumes and seeing what others do.  I love the out-of-the-box creative ideas that are homemade and while I yearn to make my children's costumes each year...they want store bought.  Oh well.  Here are a few from years past.




JASMINE



SNOW WHITE...
haven't we all been through the Disney phase?



A personal favorite...GEISHA

and...my little MONKEY!!


My little ROOSTER and a "light up" PUMPKIN GIRL!

LOVE my little rooster, but hated the cheap store-bought light up one she wore that year.   Had to let it go.  Not sure if you can tell, but she's a light up pumpkin.




An ANGEL and a DRAGON
(That year their costumes fit their personalities...lol)

 A dragon...looking confused at the parade? This was the 1st year he "got" what it was all about.


And last year we sported 2 different costumes...Mickey and a shark!

Another favorite....my sweet GREEK GODDESS!
I'm not ready to reveal what they have each chosen yet for this year...I'll post pictures on Halloween.  We like to keep it a secret here at our house until the big day.  But....here are a few of my favorites that I found while searching for some ideas.


Strawberry from Old Navy



Baby Werewolf from Gymboree














Gorgeous Peacock also from Gymboree

Monster Costume from The Children's Place

                           
Sweet little owl....Hoooo doesn't love an owl....from costumeexpress.com




                                                            
Sure to be VERY popular this year...the infamous Angry Bird!
Via costumeexpress.com



                                                             
A classic and definitely more for the parents....look at a tongue. 
Also from costumeexpress.com

And a couple of favorites for twins or siblings....

The Garden Gnome duo courtesy of Target.  Although, good luck getting on their site after the Missoni debacle.













Or how about these cuties?   I tried so hard to get them to be Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf this year to no avail.   A girl can dream!  These adorable costumes are also from costumeexpress.com.   Costume express has great coupons until October 31st so go check them out!  (I was not paid to say that either....lol)

 And my personal favorite for the season....

Oh how I wish I had a dog right now...they can't argue with costumes.


Is that the funniest or what?


Happy Halloween Shopping...let the fun begin!

Poshed Up

No comments:

Post a Comment