Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pins of the week....

I have become more than addicted to pinterest lately and find myself on it every free second both at home on the computer and on my phone.  I can't stand to miss out on a great idea, recipe, craft or fashion find.  It's truly pathetic!! lol

I have found some great things though in all seriousness and want to share a few recent finds with you.  If you happen to follow me on pinterest, you'll see that my days of pinning everything superhero are now over.  The party has ended and my little guy is now planning his 6th party...I hope I can top this one!   

I tend to gravitate towards crafting, sewing projects, organization and food.   I have tried a ton of recipes lately and I've really been trying to cook at least 3 nights a week and leftover the remaining so I've been in need of new recipes.  Overall, I'm not digging the recipes.  If you've found any that you love lately, whether from pinterest or not, please share.  I love new things.    

Also, I have been collecting some goodies to share in future posts about different holiday ideas and organization tips since these are 2 of my favorite things to do believe it or not, decorate and organize.  Sad, but true.  I am a true Aries, type A personality and need things in ORDER around here.  I've discovered some great tips, but I'm going to wait a bit to share.  If you have a topic you'd love to hear more about, please let me know and I'll see what we can come up with.

So on to the pins....

CRAFTASTIC

Not sure if this qualifies as a true craft, but more home decor of sorts....either way I adore these homemade lanterns.   Aren't they beautiful?????  They are simply cut out paper wrapped around a glass hurricane.


 And...because of my 8 years selling Southern Living at HOME, I have built up quite the collection of hurricanes!  I do already own a few sets that resemble the others, but I can't wait to try them in various fall colors for my Thanksgiving table!

FOR THE HOME


I love this idea from 'My Heart's Desire'

As I already mentioned, I LOVE to decorate and especially love to decorate for different holidays.  I don't go crazy with themes, but more change color palletes and add some seasonal touches.  I have done these many times in years past with different things include orange lentils and black beans for Halloween, green and yellow lentils for spring or Easter, candy corn for Halloween, red hots for Valentine's...you get the idea.

I currently have an assortment of cool gourds and mini sugar pumpkins in white and orange filling my hurricane and no candle.   Here is one of the ideas I used in the past.  Simple, but fun.  Just be careful not to let the candle burn too long with the candy corns or you'll be scraping gooey candy off the inside glass.   



FASHION FINDS

Believe it or not, I haven't pinned a thing in this category in weeks...hmmmm.  Not sure why.  Doesn't mean I haven't been e-window shopping!  I love to browse store website to see what's hip and what's out.  I've seen a lot of stripes this year layered under solids and sweaters.   I haven't been much for stripes myself in the past, but I'm trying to add a few to my wardrobe for fall/winter.  Here a few inspirations I saw.


Both from Ann Taylor Loft...a favorite of mine!




I've also seen a lot of boots...and boy do I love boots.  Here are a few cute outfits I did pin previously with boots.



What I love about both of these is that they are layered to allow for you to go throughout your day and deal with the ever-changing fall weather.  Also, you can either dress them down for daytime or dress them up for evening without a complete outfit change.  I'm big on that.  I myself want to look nice everyday even if my children and complete strangers are all I'll see.  I get dressed at 7am and don't change until late at night so I need this kind of flexibility!

FOR THE KIDDOS


Who knew that Disney would send an autographed picture of any character when you write a letter?  Certainly not me.  I wish I had known that when my daughter was OBSESSED with Jasmine.  I did manage to have a call made to her from a "Jasmine" for her birthday.  She was so excited.  

My son is beyond obsessed with Belle or "Beauty" as he has re-named her.  Look at the look on his face when he met her last year.  Smitten!




I think we might just need to send her a letter.  Just send your letter to:
 walt disney world communications p.o. box 10040 lake buena vista, fl 32830-0040


RECIPES

So as I mentioned, I've tried a bunch.  My daughter and I have been taste testing our way through pinterest.    I say only my daughter because my son has severe and limiting food allergies and my husband is a vegetarian.  So...we're the only 2 that can and will try anything.

We have found a few keepers, but I'd love for you all to share some favorites with us.  Here are a few worth repeating:

Broccoli and White Cheddar Mac n Cheese from 'The Craving Chronicles'

 I liked it..she didn't.  The pepper jack cheese gives it a little bite...no pun intended!

Lemon Chicken from 'Annie's Eats'


A true crowd pleaser...and hooray, my son could eat it.  They begged for seconds and there were no leftovers.  Very rare around here since I'm usually cooking for two at best.

Spaghetti with Chicken and Grape Tomatoes from 'Skinny Taste'


It is by far, my daughter's favorite.  It really is delicious.  We actually had it this weekend for the third time already.  Skinny Taste is full of fun and easy recipes.  In fact, I'm making their potato soup tomorrow...I'll keep you posted.


QUOTES TO LIVE BY





AND A FINAL ADDITION THIS WEEK...

GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY...or in this case
GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY EDITING!

I could not stop laughing at this from 'Conflicting Heart'



Happy Pinning!

Poshed Up














No comments:

Post a Comment