Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Splash of Love!

Only a few more days until Valentine's Day.    Truth be told I think it's a totally bogus holiday in many ways. Personally I don't need a special day to tell the people in my life that I love them or feel a need to have my husband spend 3 times as much as normal on flowers to show his love, BUT.....I will go along with it anyway.  My kids love it and they love any excuse for something special so I will oblige.

I didn't go crazy on decorations this year, but I found these on Pinterest and of course and had to try it.




Now their letters are far fancier than A- I have time for or B- want to spend to achieve.   I did however give it a shot.   I bought 4 letters from the craft store for $1.99 each as well as a skein of red yarn for $3.79 and I was off to work.  For a total of only $11.75 I was super happy with how it turned out.

I apologize in advance for the horrendous picture quality..they were taken at night on my phone.

Close up you can still see the white letter underneath, but from further away you cannot tell at all.  Here is a closeup of the letter "O" which was the easiest to do.  My yarn was a red and pink mix and it's so pretty.

I added this to my mantle with the banner I made last year that you can see how I made HERE.   I also added a few Dollar Store heart picks to a red olive jar I had and some red candles and VOILA!

I kept my new canvas that I ordered right before Christmas for SUPER cheap on Groupon because I love it so much.

Here are a few closeups...banner from last year with the addition of a ribbon this year...

heart picks in an olive jar...

Certainly nothing super fancy...just festive!

Here are a few other cute ideas I found, but I just ran out of time this year.  I am desperately trying to re-stock the shop and have so little time to do much else but sew after taking 2 weeks off to re-do my office.

Next year one of these 2 topiarys is definitely joining our mantle.


And I think maybe a Valentine's canvas might be in order for next year too...check these out!



Do you have some fun Valentine's decor to share?   Email me if you do...I'd love to pass it on.

I always do a special breakfast for my kids on Valentine's Day and I have started gathering things for this year's mini celebration too.  I will share some great ideas with you next week!

Poshed Up

No comments:

Post a Comment