Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Year in Review....for Poshed Up

This year has flown by.  I feel like every year older I get, the faster time goes by.  I remember as a kid that it felt like what I thought was an eternity between one Christmas and the next and now I feel like I blink and it's here again.

So much has happened for Poshed Up this past year and I am so proud of what the business has become.   This business started as somewhat of an experiment to see if it could really be profitable.   The business started on July 21st of 2011 and the first year was primarily Halloween bags and stockings.   This past year, 2012, was the business's first full year and it was a GREAT one!!!   I was lucky enough to sell

35 Beach Bags in 3 months



20 Superhero Cape and Mask Sets and 3 Superhero Bags





33 Halloween Trick or Treat Bags between August and October




63 Christmas Stockings and 1 Tree Skirt







and I was lucky enough to make a bunch of other custom orders for local friends including these bags.







All in all for the shop's first full year in business, I am more than THRILLED with its success!  Thank you to each and every one of you that supported the shop this year!   There are tons of new items planned for 2013 so if you love monogramming and handmade items, stay tuned!

As for this blog, well, I started out strong in January with my Operation Organization posts which you can re-visit:

Operation Organization Part 1
Operation Organization Part 2
Operation Organization Part 3
Operation Organization - The Kitchen
Operation Organization - The Linen Closet

and that carried me until February 9th.  Then Valentine's Day was quickly approaching and I shifted to the 10 Days of Valentine's Day which you can re-visit starting HERE.  Then the holidays came so quickly...St. Patty's, Easter, etc. and I never made it back to Operation Organization.

I did my best to keep up on it, but life was busy this year.    Here are a few of my top posts for the year though in case you're wondering what others are reading on this blog.

Even though my son's Superhero party was in 2011, it is still one of the top posts on my blog.

It's a bird...it's a plane...no it's a SuPeRHeRo PaRtY!



Another popular post was from my daughter's birthday last year that I didn't post until this January.


A birthday party for a certain 10 year old....



Some of the other top posts were from Valentine's and Operation Organization.   So... I think that tells me that I should continue the Organization series for 2013 and share some new Valentine's ideas!!

The cool thing and semi weird thing about blogging is that you don't always know who will land upon what you write and share.   You also don't know how they find you, whether from a Google search for a specific topic or from clicking through from another blog.  In my blog's case, my traffic comes primarily from other blogs.   I'm not quite sure how, but I think it's awesome!!

Here are a few of my top referring blogs.... 

Kelly's Korner - One of my FAVORITES....

Life in the Green House - One I haven't read much, but plan on visiting now.

Life Sweet Life - Another blog I love and the one that prompted me to participate in The Turner Silent Auction.


I have also had visitors and readers from 10 different countries this past year including:

United States
Canada
Russia
United Kingdom
India
Australia
Germany
Philippines
Czech Republic
Poland

I have totally enjoyed everything about blogging except that I don't have enough time to share as much as I'd like.  This blog quite honestly started as a place to capture some life moments, but also a way to share some fun ideas for those out there that enjoy decorating and crafting as much as I do.  I never expected to have people actually read it...lol

As of this morning this little ole' blog has had 13,203 page views.....thank you to each and every one of you who have read it and hopefully enjoyed it!  I hope to add more fun content and unique ideas in 2013!!!

Happy New Year and much love and health for 2013 from my family to yours!!!




Poshed Up












No comments:

Post a Comment