Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sprucing up for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays.  I love that it is truly just about being together with family.  There is no stress of gift-giving or specific requirements other than food and family.    Of course, we all have our Thanksgiving favorite menu items that we can't live without, but other than that....it's just a day to be together with great smells in the kitchen.

I am hosting Thanksgiving this year at my house for 6 adults and 4 children so I am starting to decorate a bit and add some minor touches to my Fall decor that I shared HERE.    I saw this great burlap banner that I wanted to make earlier, but with the storm that hit our area, I was a bit behind.  So now it is going to be a "Thankful" banner instead of "Welcome Fall" banner.

Here is my inspiration...

I love the antique-y (new word) look of this one too...


The other thing I love to do this time of year, actually any time of year, is add candles.  I know they don't really add tons of warmth, but they do add the other kind of warmth to your home.  I went through quite a few candles during our 6 day power outage with Sandy so I invested in a few new ones this year.  

I love all of the fall smelling candles, but usually only get one small one so the smell doesn't overpower our home.  I generally just buy the cheaper colored, plain candles and then spruce them up with some decorations.   Here a few that I loved...and if you notice, they all use basic items.








Here is a closeup of my hurricane right now without a candle, but I intend to swap out the Indian corn for a candle and add that to a different candle similar to the idea below.



New idea for Indian corn...


Another thing I love is all of the subway art that is out there and FREE for Thanksgiving.  If you are not much for decorating, but want a small touch, how about adding one of these to a simple frame?





For those of you who want easy peasy....here are some great free printables that you can simply print, cut and use.  


I have more ideas to share this week...stay tuned!

Poshed Up




No comments:

Post a Comment