Thursday, November 15, 2012

Getting back to normal...

Life has forever changed where I live.   I live about a mile from the ocean on the Jersey Shore.  Several times this week our little area has been on national news stations and spoken about because of the horrific conditions that Sandy left us with.   My little square mile town was even part of a story on the news tonight as we prepare to house several hundred evacuees left with no home in what was a former US military base in our town.

While all of this has changed my town, my friends and myself....I am trying with every ounce of myself to try to resume some sense of normalcy for my own family.  It's hard.  I have guilt that I am able to have a warm bed, clothes and my most treasured possessions and family close to me while so many cannot say that.    I have grieved for my own losses (while they are small in comparison to some others) and for the difficult and extremely stressful things we have witnessed and experienced.  But...with all that said, it is not good for anyone to continue to do so.  So, I am choosing to try my best to gain some normalcy.

By the grace of God, my business is busier than ever and for that I am so grateful.  I got tons of Christmas stocking orders throughout the storm and was taking pictures of fabric and emailing on my phone after I had cell service back after 4 long days with no outside communication.   (I sure did take it for granted before the storm).    Here are some pictures of what I have been up to...







Lots of FUN new fabrics this year and I am working on about 10-15 more this week alone.  Yikes!!!

I have also been busy with lots of other Christmas gifts including bags, superhero capes, kitchen towel sets...you name it.

You can check out all of the items currently in the shop by clicking HERE....


I have tons of fun Thanksgiving ideas to share with all of you and the holiday has really come too quickly since so many of us in this area have lost a full 2 weeks of our lives.    I am excited to have a day to enjoy family and celebrate the many things I have to be thankful for.

I will start sharing some great ideas tomorrow.  Until then!

Poshed Up


No comments:

Post a Comment