Thursday, November 10, 2011

What we've been up to lately.....

A whole week without blogging...yikes!  I missed having the opportunity to update you all on some great ideas and fun things to do.    It has been a CRAZY week and now the kids are off for two days, but I'm determined to share some fun ideas with you.

First an update at the shop....

We have been very busy adding new items for the holidays.  We are in the process of completing some great bags for holiday gift giving that include corduroy...not the wide whale kind, but the oh so beautiful and soft thin corduroy.  I actually made myself a bag and I LOVE the new design and feel.  Here it is....very full!!!!



Of all I've made to date, this one has been the easiest for my lifestyle because it has BIG pockets on the outside.  I don't go anywhere where I am concerned about someone taking something from my bag, so it's easy to find my keys, phone and sunglasses.   


I use mine as my everyday purse, but it's also great as an overnight bag, gym bag, or any other sidekick to your everyday bag.  I just love the corduroy.   And it's totally reversible if you tire of the plain or want to suddenly have pockets on the inside!


And...because it's obviously an inherited love of all things corduroy, my daughter asked me for a bag to use at school when she's carrying her stuff between classes.  She's only 9 and weighs about 40 lbs., but she carries about 43 lbs. of books to and from school each day in her backpack plus a lunchbox.  At her school they switch classes and need to bring a big binder, pencil case and books and she tells me that it is difficult to carry it all.  So....I made one for her in HER choice of fabrics (definitely not my 1st choice) and used interfacing or batting which adds some weight and structure since she is so rough on her things and has a heavy load to carry.


So I pulled it out of her backpack to take a picture for you all and here is the wrinkled mess I found.  I did say she's hard on things.  It was all the way at the bottom of the backpack under a million things, but when ironed, it really doesn't look so bad.




Look for these bags soon.   I have a few more in the works and will definitely take custom orders which color choices.  They make a great gift and will be $35 without batting and $40 with the batting.  What a fun gift, right?

I also have a few cute boy bags to add that resemble this one...


It's a terrible picture, but it's an adorable, cartoon superhero print!  Fun for little boys and only $23 so it could be a fun gift filled with other things.   And while we're on the superhero theme...

Since the capes were such a hit at my son's birthday, I decided to add them to the shop.  They are selling VERY well and if you are interested, please let me know!  I am selling the cape and mask set for $23. 




We're offering the color combination of your choice and our colors include red, blue, yellow, green, orange, black, white and even purple and pink for the little superherettes in your life!

And last but not least, our newest addition that I'm so excited about....






And of course since almost everything we make is reversible, we made these reversible as well.  Just in case you want a different look one year!   Here they are on the opposite side...


We've also lined them to make them look great inside and out!


Go check them out and let me know if you're interested.  They are $25 each, but if you are ordering more than four, they are reduced! I have TONS of gorgeous fabrics!

I'm also just about done with our tree skirt...



This one was made to match the 4 stockings I just showed and it includes ribbon closure and ball fringe on the edge.  It is over-sized at about 55 inches wide.  It also has a fully lined back with matching fabric to the inside of the stockings and includes a layer of interfacing as well so that it will keep it shape and structure.

I'm truly struggling with pricing at this point because it is a lot of work and we really try to keep our prices reasonable.  So I ask you, how much would you pay for a custom-made skirt?

So enough about the shop...

As I know I've mentioned before, Thanksgiving is my favorite of holidays.  Why?  Because it's just about being together and family...and eating of course too.  This year will be interesting for me because I've recently become gluten-free, but I'm going to get creative I guess!

Here are some fun projects we are working on here to get in the spirit.   The first I found on pinterest!  How cute are these from 'The Crafty Crow'...


These could have been decorations for all of Fall, but #1 we already did so many crafts and #2, something about Indian Corn reminds me of the Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims.   So...we have collected our supplies...


and we will share them as soon as they're complete!   

We are also busy collecting our supplies to do this great family tradition again...

This one is from 'Simply Vintage Girl'

Here is ours from last year...




We made leaf shapes for ours and this is before we wrote on ours.  We got this idea from a friend and it was so creative and fun.  Basically, you just collect a few branches and make some paper leaves.  We each took turns saying what we were thankful for this year.  Some of them were quite funny.  I held onto last year's because I thought it would be fun for the kids to read what they wrote last year.  

Here are some of my favorites from my then 8 year old daughter....


And from my then 4 year old son...


Of course they both had their families, friends, etc., but these still make me laugh. My single favorite from my son....


Confidence is priceless!

And I leave you with a gorgeous picture from our backyard this morning.  I think it was that much more beautiful because I captured it with my tea in hand and my kids still sleeping...lol


Oh how I love this time of year!

I have SOOOO many things to share this upcoming week about Thanksgiving ideas, tablescapes, food and some great kick-starts to Christmas.  If you follow me on pinterest, you know I have TONS saved for Christmas!

Poshed Up

No comments:

Post a Comment