Tuesday, October 9, 2012

All things Autumn!!!!

Halloween is quickly approaching and I feel like it always sneaks up on me because I am just finishing up my son's birthday and then before I know it...it's October.  I did have time to re-decorate my mantel and take down all of my summer decor (sniff, sniff) and put up some Fall decor, but I have not yet put up anything Halloween.  I figure I'll wait until mid October to swap it out again.

Here is a picture of what it looks like...the picture is kind of washed out, but it really has a lot of color to it.   I used different fake pumpkins, gourds and acorns to add some color until I have time to go get some real ones.
In the hurricane on the left, I have Indian corn off the cob and on the cob and some feathers and reeds.
In the hurricane on the right I have some fake mini apples and some acorns that my daughter and I collected forever ago.


I love all things Autumn this time of year and especially the color orange.  From orange decor to orange clothing...I just love the warmth it adds to my home and my wardrobe.  Here are a few of my favorite things about Autumn.

The changing leaves.....

I LOVE everything about Fall and especially the brilliant colors.   Orange is one of my favorites and I enjoy seeing so much of it this time of year....especially from Mother Nature herself.  Check out these leaves.  They are truly unbelievable.  I love to drive around seeing the changing leaves.  I have such fond memories of my trips with my mom throughout the Northeast in Fall to see the changing leaves.   I want to experience that with my own children when my little guy is old enough to appreciate it.

We used to pack up the car and head to some little towns in Connecticut and stay at a little hotel or motel and just enjoy the outdoors, shopping, eating and being together.  It was fun.  I think that made me appreciate this time of year at a young age.  We used to come home with tons of vibrant leaves too.




Pumpkin Picking...

Probably my most favorite thing about this time of year is pumpkin picking and going on hayrides with my children.  We have been doing this for as long as I can remember and it's one of the only things that I almost always capture pictures of.

2002

2004


2005


2006 with a brand-new baby Ryan

2007 (a strangely warm day)



2009


2010






2011 

Pumpkins and gourds...

Pumpkins and gourds add so much color to the most basic of spaces.  Whether it's my front porch, my mantle, or maybe just our kitchen table...I love the added color.  Even the most basic arrangements look incredible.

I love the contrast of these pumpkins against this blue pick up truck.

These simple table decorations are so great.  Just the pumpkins, gourds and some simple ribbons go a long way.



Now I think pumpkins are just gorgeous by themselves and I don't generally like the idea of painting over their beauty, but I do love this and think I might have to give it a try with some gold paint.

And of course carving them is great too...how about these amazing ideas?  I love the flower centerpiece with the orange flowers or how about monogrammed...both ideas of course from non other than Martha herself. 


Pumpkin flavoring and smells...

I adore all things pumpkin smelling and tasting.

My girlfriend gifted me this hand soap and it's amazing...thanks Jen!


Or how about this candle?  This one might be too sweet smelling for me.

But this one is my favorite from last season.  It reminds me of a cool Autumn day.  It truly amazes me how they can capture that in a scent.

And this brewing...well that's just one of the best things around.



Or maybe just this.  It's like heaven in a cup.

Orange or pumpkin recipes...

While the smells are nice, how about the taste?  One of my favorites for sure.  A close second to anything cinnamon for me.  Here are some recipes I'd like to try this season.

Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits....

Pumpkin Pie Dip....served in a pumpkin of course!

Orange clothing....

Last, but not least....orange clothing.  That sounds like a bit much, but check out some of these finds.

I am totally a vest girl because I do not like coats.  I tried to get this adorable orange one, but it's now sold out.  Boo.


And this....well I just love it.  I like the shade of orange that it is.  It does not scream Halloween.


That wraps up my favorites for this Autumn season.   Of course I love big sweaters, boots and everything else that makes me think of this season, but this year I have a special affinity for orange.

Poshed Up









No comments:

Post a Comment