Monday, December 3, 2012

Santa and his elves...

I love this time of year.  I love the music, the smells, the sparkly decorations, baking, shopping (yes, I am one of those nuts that actually enjoys it),  the spirit of giving and generosity, little children's smiles and most of all the Christmas energy swirling.    We spent our Saturday decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music while the kids giggled and talked about what they wanted to ask Santa to bring this year.

We worked on some homemade ornaments that our family's elf brought with him from the North Pole when he arrived.     I love these homemade ornaments because each year when I unpack them I get to see how much the kids have grown.  Here are a few of the past ones that I have that I just love.

A few from their preschool years....
 






A few of my daughter's as she grew...

One of my favorites...her fingerprints in a snowman.



Some of those we made at home....

Ryan's from last year...
Isabella's from last year...

And this year...I just need to add some hangers.


I can't wait to see what comes home from school this year.  I love the handmade ornaments!!

Here is our finished tree....love it!

We also spent some time writing to Santa and to our elf.   My daughter is asking for a puppy this year.  I encouraged her to write to Santa directly because I know he doesn't bring animals...or at least not at our house...lol   She wrote him a nice letter and left it with our elf and this morning we found our elf with a letter in return.  Unfortunately for her Santa said the same thing...


I have found some really great printable letters to Santa that I wanted to share.  I love the ones that are fill in for my little guy since he is just learning to sound things out.  This way the majority of it is done and he can just fill it in.  A few of these are repeats of what I shared last year because I think they are so cute.




I love these that the kids can color and personalize too.

Our elf "Honey Boo Boo" has been bringing letters right to Santa for us.   Santa wrote to us and told us he was a bit silly and to keep our eye on him....I think these elves are pretty silly too.  I thought these were some really great ideas and had to share.





If you don't have an elf visiting your house this year, consider yourself lucky!

I have lots more ideas, crafts, recipes, etc. to share so come back tomorrow!

Poshed Up



19 comments:

  1. I have 3 little one at home and 2 older kiddos. I love your ideas and will put some of these to the test this year!

    ReplyDelete